Plan A Fishing Trip - Buckets ChartersBuckets Charters provides the following:
- Fishing gear for each angler – baits, lures and tackle, first-class rods and reels
- Life vests and safety equipment
- Fish cleaning and packaging for transport home
- Cooler for food and drinks
- Empty cooler to be left in vehicle to transport your cleaned catch home
- Sports bag for carrying rain gear, hat, glasses and other personal items
- Digital camera or video camera to capture your memories
- Sunglasses, preferably polarized
- Hat or ball cap to protect your head from the sun
- Dramamine, if you have motion sickness. It's a safe bet to bring it if you aren't sure.
- Balance of the payment due for the trip – NO CHECKS, CASH ONLY
- Cash to tip the first mate – it is customary to tip the first mate, not the captain. If your first mate went above and beyond to satisfy you, please tip him well.
- Be sure to wear a boat shoe or tennis shoe. No hard-soled shoes please
- Beer is permitted, hard liquor is not permitted onboard our boats
No Bananas please. Buckets Charters kindly requests you do not bring or even eat bananas on the day of your fishing trip, as they are considered bad luck on a fishing boat. History tells us that this tale originated from early years when boats carrying bananas in the cargo got lost at sea or lost many of their crew members to deadly sickness.
To ensure that we stay on luck's good side and have a great day on the lake, please leave the bananas at home. Do not sneak them onboard in a secret compartment in your sport bag, no banana pudding, not even banana boat suntan oil. If you bring a banana and don't catch any fish, your buddies will hold you accountable and so will we.
Buckets Charters has a zero tolerance policy. Do not use or bring drugs aboard our boats.
Lake Erie Fishing Trip LodgingThe Lake Erie area offers many options in dining, accommodations and entertainment. There are countless restaurants located on Peach Street in downtown Erie. There are also several hotels located within close proximity to State Street, where Buckets Charters docks its boats.
Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center